Sunday, January 30, 2011

INTRODUCING...

DUKE WILLIAM CORRICK


7.1 POUNDS - 21.25 INCHES


THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH, 2010
AT 5:01 P.M.

~ Jason and I finally became proud parents of a baby boy born on Thursday, November 11th, 2010! We named him Duke William Corrick. What a strong, bold name he has! Duke gets to carry on both of his grandpa's names - "William" is after my dad, Bill; and of course "Corrick" is a name following many men that he too will carry down the line as well! Duke decided to come 10 days early-which I had thanked him for! My birthday is November 14th and he was the greatest birthday gift I could have hoped for! He looks so much like his daddy, but once in a great while he will resemble myself. Lots of dark hair this boy has too!

Just a little info about the labor and delivery:
I woke up late Wednesday night about midnight having contractions. I wasn't for sure if it was the real deal or not so I had called the hospital - they recommended me to come in so we got there about 2a.m. thurs. morning. Well, it was the REAL deal! They got me hooked up to the monitors, had solid contractions every 5 minutes until about 11a.m. thurs. morning. At that time I had become dilated enough to receive the epidural. The anes. had trouble finding the correct space in my back - after a whole hour of hit and miss - they found it! Thank the Lord! And then 3 times it took the nursing staff and Dr.'s to attempt to break my water. Needless to say, my body wasn't being too cooperative. I have to thank my husband though, for being so strong to hold me up as I was leaning all weight on him for the hour of receiving my epidural! Bless him!!Dr. Early was present at the hospital early that morning to see me; unfortunately he had to leave town, so I was taken under the care of Dr. Boling for my delivery! He is such a nice man, and made our experience so comfortable as well. Finally, at 5:01p.m. our baby made his debue into the world! What a relief!! Healthy and Handsome - what more could we ask for?!




















































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment